The Odyssey Blog
1. visit wordpress.com and create an account. WordPress is a professional level blogging tool; it allows you to create multiple blogs under one account.
2. Create one blog for each of your characters (human/monsters/tribes/groups) from The Odyssey (don’t make a blog for any cities/towns/islands/fictional locations). We will work with those later in the unit.
3. Choose a NAME for your Odyssey blog that is appropriate and uses your character’s name.
4. Choose a theme for your blog. This affects the appearance of your blog.
5. Setup comment filters and admin.
6. After you have setup your blogs click here to give me your blog URL and info. The link to your blog address will be public but your name will not.
Part 2: blogging
1. You will create at least two posts for each section of your reading. These posts should be written in the first person and as if you are your character. You will do this for BOTH of your selected characters.
2. For each section you will visit TWO other of your classmates’ blogs (list to follow) and comment on ONE of their posts. Your comments should:
>be either speaking as a character OR a reader
>be appropriate and relevant to the reading and school. This is not Facebook.
2. Feel free to add illustrations relevant to your post. These could be works of art or modern versions of what is happening in the section.