In this assignment you will create a digital presentation about your favorite technology. Remember that technology isn’t limited to gadgets with screens. Technology can be regarded as anything that improves a method, process or helps you to complete a process.
An important part of this assignment is to create a quality visual experience for your audience. Using clean design with simple visuals will make your presentation stand out over the everyday slideshow.
Make use of a hyperlinked table of contents for your digital presentation. Do your best to avoid using the standard, everyday bulleted list slide in PowerPoint. Consider how you can display clear information in more creative ways that will engage your audience.
1. Choose your topic. Consult with me if you have any questions.
2. RESEARCH first: begin to gather relevant information about your topic. Your presentation should answer the following questions:
- how was this technology first used?
- who invented this technology?
- who innovated the technology (made it better)?
- what role does the technology play in 21st century society? how is it used today?
- what is future of this technology?
3. Plan each slide. What:
- will the text be on the slide?
- what image will you use?
4. You should plan on at least five different slides.
-relevant images and information
-fully cited bibliography of your online resources:
Title of the Site. Editor. Date and/or Version Number. Name of Sponsoring Institution.
Date of Access <URL>.
History of FORTRAN and FORTRAN II. McJones, Paul. 2008.8.26. Computer History Museum. 2011.2.1 <http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/FORTRAN/>
Encyclopedia Mythica. 2004. 13 May 2004 <http://www.pantheon.org/>.