Dream Vacation website
Your mission is to plan a trip to anywhere in the world. Each person will create and turn in their own trip plan via a Google Site and a trip budget in Google Docs Spreadsheet.
Here is your checklist:
-you must leave North America. This includes the U.S. and Canada.
-you will be gone for 7 days and 6 nights. No longer.
-you have $3000 to spend. No more.
-you must fly or take a boat to your destination. Your transportation must be realistic – no rockets.
Part 1: Create a website in Google Sites (login here). Your website URL should be 2011 your initials <destination> like this 2011rpmaustralia.
Your website must include the following pages:
- a homepage – name your destination, the dates that you will travel and a photo of you at your destination (Photoshop)
- an itinerary page (a day to day list of what you will do on your trip). Do not copy/paste “beach” for every day. Find a different activity for each day and link to that resource.
- a media page/photo gallery with your Photoshopped into at least two scenes of your destination PLUS videos and images of your destination
- destination page that shows a Google map with your destination and the route that you will follow to get there (departure and arrival locations), the distance from your departure location to your destination, the weather that is predicted for when your travel, what vaccines you will need, a summary of the current State Department warnings related to your destination
- travel and hotel – information about how you will get there and where you will stay. Include photos, location and links of your accomodation (where you will stay).
- a packing list – what you will bring. Be realistic as you will have to carry all this gear yourself. No Sherpas.
- budget page – this will link to your Google docs spreadsheet (see below)
Part 2: Your Budget – note that you may not exceed $3,000 including travel, food and lodging
1) Cost of transportation by type of travel (train, plane, bus, car, bike, boat)
2) Total cost of transportation.
3) Cost of your lodging per night (hotel, hostel, campground, etc).
4) Total cost of your lodging.
5) Total cost of your trip.
Resources – beyond Google